- To provide an educational environment to enable highly able students to develop to their full potential
- To develop high-level written and oral skills
- To develop research skills and methods
- To provide an environment that encourages divergent thinking. Students will be encouraged in the development of originality, fluency, flexibility and elaboration
- To promote critical thinking and reasoning abilities eg. inference, deductive and inductive reasoning, analogies and evaluation.
The 2015 Information evening is to be held on Wednesday 19th March 2014 at 7:00 pm in the Learning Centre. The 2015 test will be held on Saturday the 10th of May 2014 from 9:00 am-12:00 noon. Applications close on Friday the 2nd of May. The selection process will also consider recent school performance reports and the Year 5 NAPLAN results. Outstanding students will be offered a position in the program.
In addition, anyone interested in taking a tour of the school can contact the General Office to make an appointment for one of our college tours.
Students selected to enter into the Gifted and Talented Program in Year 7 remain together as a class until the end of Year 9.
The program differs substantially from our mainstream program with a clear focus on maximising the academic potential of each student.
When students from the Gifted and Talented Program graduate to the senior school they have developed the foundations to ensure that they gain maximum ATAR scores to increase their opportunities for tertiary study.
Various opportunities will be open to students in the senior school. These include early access to VCE units, extra units at VCE level and tertiary enhancement studies.
Application forms for the Gifted and Talented Program Year7,2015 can be downloaded here (right click this link to save the document)
For further information please call 03 9579 1044
Andrew Batchelor - Assistant Principal; Junior School
Carrie Bloomfield - Enrichment Co-ordinator