Dr Michael Lyristis
Head of Senior School Wellbeing, Engagement and Pathways
Me in a snapshot:
- Completing my PhD at Monash University in the field of molecular biology.
- Moved to the USA for further post-doctoral studies.
- Spent 11 years in molecular biology research.
- Changed career paths to Biotechnology Sale and found a love for Business and Marketing.
- Worked together with NASA performing cell biology analysis in the International Space Station.
- Came back home to Australia and completed a Master’s in Business Administration at the University of Melbourne.
- Decided I wanted to pass on my knowledge and experience to the next generations so I completed a Post-Graduate Diploma in Education and a Master’s in Education at Victoria University.
- Began teaching at Bentleigh Secondary College
During my professional career I have worked with a wide variety of companies such as NASA, Pfizer, and Amgen, published a number of peer reviewed articles in scientific journals and presented scientific presentations in Australia, America and Europe.
To see a student progress both academically and personally are the rewards of teaching that I have not experienced in any other profession. I aim to always instill a passion for learning that lasts a lifetime.