Mr Arun Karunaratne
Assistant Principal Wellbeing, Engagement and Pathways
• Bachelor of Sports Science
• Diploma of Education
• Moved from Sri Lanka to Australia on a Swimming Scholarship
• Qualified for the 2004 Olympic Games and was unable to compete due to injury
• Competed in the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne
• Competed in a number of Swimming World Championships around the world
• Went to Sri Lanka as a volunteer to help rebuild after the Tsunami
• My first teaching job was at the Lynall Hall Community School, loved every minute of the challenge in helping change the lives of disadvantaged students.
• Moved to the UK to teach and travel Europe
• Elwood College - Head of PE Health and Sport
• University High School - Head of Middle School
• Bentleigh Secondary College - Assistant Principal
Outside of the College grounds I am a husband, dad to three beautiful little rascals, bike rider, swimmer and enjoy all things new and fun. In the College grounds I am Mr K.
It is my honour and privilege to be entrusted with the task of helping educate and inspire the future generations of this world. My philosophy is simple, laughter is contagious and kindness make the world go round. I make it my mission to greet everyone with a smile and believe the key to a good conversation is listening, and every single person deserves to be treated with kindness and respect.