Katie Parker-Vukusic - Wellbeing Counsellor
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Psychology with Honours receiving a Golden Key to the International Honours Society for academic excellence.
- My early career was in Dance where I was employed as a professional dancer and taught at many dance schools throughout Melbourne.
- Completed a Graduation Diploma of Education and entered the teaching profession.
- Worked at Bentleigh Secondary College as a dance, drama and humanities teacher.
- Completed a Masters of Counselling at Monash University, leading to employment in the Wellbeing Team at Bentleigh Secondary College.
- Completed training in Acceptance Commitment Therapy with Louise Hayes
- STORM training (suicide prevention) with Headspace
- Lookout training to support students living in out of home care.
On weekends and holidays my husband, son and our very spoilt dog Buddy love jumping in the car and heading to the Great Ocean Road, the beach walks and national parks there are our favourite. You may also catch me from time to time riding my bike at Karkarook Park.
My Philosophy is simple - Children’s social and emotional wellbeing must be supported in order for them to achieve academic success and I am there to help them every step of the way.
Throughout all my different careers the one constant has always been my passion for working with, and supporting, young people. I feel privileged to be able to support our wonderful students at Bentleigh Secondary.