The Bentleigh Secondary Sports Academy Program has been a part of the school since 2017 and gives selected students a chance to improve their skills and athlete development in an elite environment. The school offers the following sports to students:
Students will have designated class time to work on sport specific skills with a platform to follow their passion. Students have morning sessions on Strength and Conditioning and Pilates, as well as, access to fitness testing and injury prevention assessment, which are all pivotal aspects of becoming an elite athlete. These extra aspects of the program put athletes at a significant advantage over others not in the program. Starting this year we also offer girls only morning sessions to keep up with our growing female participation in the program.
The Bentleigh Secondary Sports Academy Program is extremely excited to introduce our coaches for 2022 that will be leading the students through their designated sports skill sessions. We are fortunate enough to have high-quality coaches at the school who have played/coached at the elite level.
Sports Academy Basketball
- Played SEABL/NBL1 (2nd Level under NBL) for 3 years at the age of 18
- Coached the Victorian Championship Under 20 boys team at Sandringham
- Runner up at the Australian Basketball Nationals (Best 24 teams in the country)
- All-star 5 in Big V State Championship Men’s League, and 2nd in MVP Voting
Sports Academy Soccer
- Played for Melbourne City in the Hyundai A-League 15/16 Season
- Australian top goal scorer in the National Youth League 2014
- Currently playing for Oakleigh Cannons in the National Premier League in Victoria
- Coached and Mentored striving elite athletes in Soccer for over 5 years
Sports Academy AFL/W, Strength and Conditioning Coach, Speed and Agility Coach
- Managing Director of the fitness company Active Lifestyle for past 27 years
- 12 years as Head of High Performance for NAB League clubs Eastern Ranges and Oakleigh Chargers, and 8 years as Head of High Performance for Vic Metro AFL National Championship teams.
- Head of High Performance of Sandringham Zebras VFL men’s team
- Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach for Melbourne Storm, Victorian Lacrosse team, Victorian Sheffield Shield cricket team
- Assistant senior coach of Kew Bears Football Club, 2013 to 2016 (Premiers in Div 3, Div 2 and then Div 1) and Assistant coach of Box Hill Senior Secondary College’s AFL and AFLW academies
- Coaching assistant at NAB League clubs Oakleigh Chargers and Vic Metro U18’s
- Assistant coach of Team Canada competing in the International Cup 2014
For more information about joining the Sports Academy please email:
and/or peruse our:
Sport Academy Information Booklet